Is there anything more annoying than a nasty dry cough that interrupts your daily routine and prevents you from sleeping? Sadly, this symptom may be caused by vaping, if you break the elementary rules of precaution and neglect your health.
57% of vapers report having vaping cough. Whether you are wondering, “Why do I cough when I vape?” or “Why do I cough when I vape?” ”, here is the answer.
Vaping Cough Causes
Adaptation is the primary cause of vaping cough. In most cases, newly-minted vapers drag on the new habit by inhaling too much and too frequently. The body’s reaction to such an intense new activity is quite natural.
Do you want to know how to stop coughing when you vape? The most likely course of action is to eliminate sessions and put a hold on them. When starting again, take on gradually.
Nicotine in e-liquids with a high nicotine content is another reason. A harsh hit from this chemical results in dry coughing. A vaper should control nicotine intake and experiment with smaller doses in this case.
E-liquids are made from two main ingredients, propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin, in different proportions. The third possible cause of vaping cough is these chemicals.
To begin with, 10% of people may be allergic to propylene glycol. Therefore, they should use e-liquids with a higher VG content.
The second reason for the cough is that both PG and VG cause dehydration. Drinking a lot of water is therefore necessary when vaping.
The fourth reason may have to do with the way vapers inhale. Those who used to smoke will continue to use the same inhaling technique, even though it may not be suitable for vaping. Direct-to-lung or mouth-to-lung methods are recommended for experimenting.
Physiological changes in former smokers’ bodies may contribute to vaping cough.
As a result of smoking, cilia, a hair-like formation covering the throat, become damaged. A quitter’s throat regenerates cilia. When combined with vaping, this may cause coughing.
What is the best way to stop coughing while vaping? For a start, drinking enough water and taking careful steps should help. The next section of our article contains a more comprehensive list of recommendations.
How to stop coughing when vaping?
Although identifying the cause of cough helps a lot, it isn’t easy. It takes time and effort to figure out what causes vaping cough, whether it is mere dehydration or throat damage.
Here are the tips that make this process easier:
- The low quality of materials and malfunctioning of vaporizers (combustion) may cause intolerable effects.
- Check your sensitivity to propylene glycol by experimenting with different PG to VG ratios.
- In case you use nicotine-containing e-liquids, it’s better to start with lower levels and to increase the dosage gradually.
- It is common for vapors to seek a reason for inhaling. When thinking on how to inhale vape without coughing, the simple solution may make a perfect answer: try to inhale the vapor slowly, since frequent inhales increase the risk of coughing.
- Add a drop of menthol to your e-liquid to make the process more pleasant for your respiratory system.
A few steps of precaution, like hydration, a good-quality device, a proper e-liquid, and the ultimate nicotine level, will make the problem vanish. Happy vaping!